SAS has partnered with the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) to develop a school-wide wellness strategy. Students can receive support for stress management and situational anxiety.
Counsellors can refer students to district and community resources for mental health support, addictions, and grief counselling.
SAS is also home to the SAS Wellness Centre, a hub of wellness support and activities, resources, workshops and connections, involving partners from throughout the community including School District No. 83, the Shuswap North Okanagan Division of Family Practice, the local health authority, and numerous local non-profit service providers.
Resources & Links
- Kids Help Phone 1-800-668-6868
- S.A.F.E. Society (Shuswap Area Family Emergency) 1-250-832-9616
- Child and Youth Mental Health 1-250-832-1719
- Youth Addictions 1-250-833-4103
- Interior Health’s Salmon Arm Health Centre 1-250-833-4100