(Click to Enlarge)
- Reports cards are available online after 4 pm June 27
- IF you need a paper copy of your report card, please come into the school or email to request a copy
- New Ministry of Education policy – Grad Transcripts are not longer mailed out to students. Grads can go online to the Ministry website to get a copy. Grads, please check out the green sheet you were given with your grad package for the website address.
- Salmon Arm Secondary office will be open July 2 to July 5 and July 8 to 11 from 7 am to 2 pm each day
- Salmon Arm Secondary office will be open August 19 to 23 (clerical staff only) from 7 am to 2 pm each day
- SAS Counsellors will be available Aug 26 to 29 only from 9 am to 3 pm – please phone to make an appointment
- New Registrations are required by the Ministry of Education to provide the following:
- original birth certificate – if original is not in English a notarized translation is required
- Students BC Care Card
- Guardianship if student not living with parents one of the following is required
- Court Order – custody agreement
- Death certificate
- Adoption documents
- Continuing custody order (MCFD)
- District form – Authorization for temporary guardianship of a minor – notarized
- Proof of Residence – catchment to be confirmed with SD 83 Transportation
- Home owners must provide two of the following – purchase agreement of home – with dates and subjects removed, Notice of Assessment, Recent property tax statement, or Home owners insurance
- Renters must provide a rental agreement signed by landlord with landlords contact phone number, plus two of the following – Canadian bank or credit card statement , BC Vehicle registration, Income tax statement, Renter insurance documents, Utility bills, Current pay stub
One of our traditions here at Salmon Arm Secondary is the group photo at McGuire Lake Park. That photo is taken at 4:30 sharp.
At this point, it looks like weather will cooperate and we will be able to go ahead as planned. Please check our website for updates as the day progresses.
***UPDATE AT 1:45 pm: We are planning to hold the group photos at McGuire Lake because the rain is holding out. Bring umbrellas just in case.
Wednesday, June 26th:
- MANDATORY REHEARSAL! 3:30pm, Spectator Arena
- Grad gowns are given out at this time
Thursday, June 27th:
- 7:30am: Breakfast at Sullivan served by staff
- 4:30pm: Group picture at McGuire Lake
- 5:30pm: Reception at Hucul Pond at the Arena (open to grads and SAS staff only)
- 7:00pm: Ceremonies at the Arena
- 9:00pm: Grad gown returns – photos and family dance to follow
- 9:30pm-4:00am: Dry Grad at the Community Centre
The first year of our archery team was very successful. At the Armstrong 3D Shoot, Alton Neid, Katie Lloyd, and Fiona Hammer placed 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Congratulations to the whole team for a great inaugural year!
Our POLE classes went rafting down Adams River last week. Check out the photos of their adventures!
This morning, our AM Fitness class all completed a 10 kilometre run, and 2 of our students actually ran 15 kilometres!
Pictured above is the class celebrating their achievement with a yummy ice cream cake.